Kathy, Donna, Alicia, Ragan, and me
Leave it to mom to put her tatoo on sideways! Good thing it's only temporary :)
The race is a 600m swim in Lake Lanier, 18 mile bike on hilly roads, and 5K run. Usually, the distances don't scare me at all because I'm not trying to win and just take it at whatever pace I can handle. But I had a horrible time with the swim (freezing cold, wearing a wet suit that was choking me, goggles broke and fell off, getting kicked in the head, complete panic, etc) so it really shook me up from the start. I seriously didn't think I'd finish the swim, let alone the bike. But I knew I'd be embarassed if I didn't, so I kept on trucking. By the time I was on the run, I actually jogged most the way. My times were horrible, but at least I finished....and didn't end up at the bottom of the lake. I'm signed up for 2 more this summer (one swim in the ocean! YIKES!) so I'm hoping I can redeem myself.
3 weeks ago






2 comments:
Congrats!! I need to get a bike and catch up with you guys!!
GOOOOOOOO KRIYA!!! That is so awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment