On May 23 my mom turned 60 years young! She is still the most energetic, vivacious, caring, thoughtful, and ENTERTAINING mother I could ever ask for and we were THANKFUL to celebrate her 60 years of life!
When asked how she wanted to celebrate, she wanted nothing more than to have a picnic in the park with her family. So that's what we did! All her kids and grandkids, extended Atlanta family (minus Ashley & crew), and two best friends were there.
We all love our Nonna!
I found a bunch of old pictures to hang around the pavilion. This is one of my favorites from Christmas morning circa 1984. Please note Shawn's massive boom box (for break dancing), Alicia and I with death grips on new Cabbage Patch dolls, and Nathan cuddling his new Gremlin. Awww, the good old days :)
We played games like....kickball




(three toddlers swinging bats...a little dangerous?)
Sack races...
And of course, naked croquet/cornhole. Doesn't everyone play that?....
We were lucky enough to have a friend of a friend photographer come and take some pictures of the festivities. This was a treat for me, even more than my mom, because I could relax a little and not have to run around trying to capture every moment with my camera. Thanks CJ!!!





When the whole crew is together, Wade and Lauren are so cute together. They play so well together.
Hayes, too cool for school
Aunt Karen came to rescue with much needed POPSICLES! It was so hot, they melted on the spot.
Bree gets a taste of her first popsicle
Donna Mae (birthday girl), Greg, Nanny, and Karen
Cae is so good with babies. He gravitates to Bree and loves on her.
Mom striking a pose like the old picture hanging
Mom and daughters. Yes, Alicia and I are wearing the same dress different colors. They are the most comfortable dresses and neither if us were willing to change when we knew the other was wearing it. So there :) It's better than when we used to share clothes and fight over them, at least how we have our own!

Did I mention my mother is entertaining? Well her friend Kathy is her twin, so it was double the pleasure...
Time to blowout the candles!!! Mom had to literally move Hayes out of the way to get to the cake. He really wanted that cake!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I love you so much!!!



baseball...


(three toddlers swinging bats...a little dangerous?)
Sack races...
And of course, naked croquet/cornhole. Doesn't everyone play that?....
We were lucky enough to have a friend of a friend photographer come and take some pictures of the festivities. This was a treat for me, even more than my mom, because I could relax a little and not have to run around trying to capture every moment with my camera. Thanks CJ!!!





When the whole crew is together, Wade and Lauren are so cute together. They play so well together.
Hayes, too cool for school
Aunt Karen came to rescue with much needed POPSICLES! It was so hot, they melted on the spot.
Bree gets a taste of her first popsicle
Donna Mae (birthday girl), Greg, Nanny, and Karen
Cae is so good with babies. He gravitates to Bree and loves on her.
Mom striking a pose like the old picture hanging
Mom and daughters. Yes, Alicia and I are wearing the same dress different colors. They are the most comfortable dresses and neither if us were willing to change when we knew the other was wearing it. So there :) It's better than when we used to share clothes and fight over them, at least how we have our own!
A family gathering wouldn't be complete without a dance party...
Did I mention my mother is entertaining? Well her friend Kathy is her twin, so it was double the pleasure...
Time to blowout the candles!!! Mom had to literally move Hayes out of the way to get to the cake. He really wanted that cake!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I love you so much!!!





3 comments:
What a beautiful celebration! I love all the fun activities too. Sweet memories.
Oh Kriya this was so sweet! Thank you so much-it was a great day and I love you too!!
What a great blog Kriya! Honoring your mom like that~ Can't get much better than that:) Love you guys and wish you could be at the wedding.
This visitor is from Hugo, Minnesota!!!!
Post a Comment