
I just might shed tears typing this, but will type anyway :(
Our wonderful sitter Mandy is truly a lifesaver. I am the luckiest mother in the world to be able to have her babysit my sweet babies so regularly that she knows them just as well as I do. I can not express how liberating and stress relieving it is to have her come in the house, know exactly where everything is, what Bree should eat for lunch, exactly what poop consistency is normal, how to love and discipline Wade, which train is fair game and which can't be touched, AND where all their clean clothes go in their closets. Let me say it again - I know I'm lucky, I know I'm blessed - and I fully appreciate it.

She started with us last spring before Bree was born. I knew we'd need as much help as possible with a newborn. And I can honestly say she made a huge difference in Wade's adjustment to brotherhood and my ability to exclusively nurse Bree. I was able to take the time needed to work with Bree through our many struggles, all the while knowing Wade was fully happy and entertained. And vice versa, I had someone to hand Bree to so Wade and I could spend one on one time together through out the year. I'll never forget how much I loved our Waffle House date on a whim "just because". I'm so glad I'm a stay at home mom and can be with my children, but I'm even more glad that I can have part-time help to make me a better mom. Mandy, you make me a better mom....THANK YOU!!!

Well, of course the flip side of having someone so dependable and loving is........now she's leaving us and my world is coming to an end (ok, not really I'm just being dramatic). But seriously, my heart is breaking!

Mandy's lovely husband Bryce (pictured below) recently graduated and found a job in Augusta. It is a wonderful opportunity for his career, their chance to move closer to family, and ultimately it's where they wanted to end up. So of course I am so thrilled for them and this new journey they're embarking on. BUUUUUUUUUUT, I'm selfishly thinking I don't know what I'm going to do without "My Mandy" - that's what Wade calls her. He also called her his "baby sister" for awhile until her learned the difference between babySITTER and SISTER.

Luckily, we still have a little while left with Mandy until she joins Bryce in Augusta. And you better believe I will appreciate these days EVEN MORE than before :)
Thank you Mandy for loving my babies as much as I do. You've been a wonderful friend and sitter to our family! We will miss you :(
No comments:
Post a Comment