Monday, May 30, 2011

RACE UPDATES

Beau is still a racing fool and I can barely keep up with his places and medals. He does well in every race, even when he has bike problems! And it makes it more fun that we have a lot of friends racing too. Everything's more fun with friends :)

MUDDY BUDDY
This a partner race with biking, running and obstacles. Beau's friend Hamp came in town from Greenville to be his partner. This was their second time doing the race (Beau missed last year because of Bree's birth), so they were strategizing on how to with. I'd say it worked! I didn't make it to this one, but Mandy took these great pictures...
(Hamp, Beau, Katie, Chris, Josie, Jay, Drew, Clint)
(I love the running with a helmet! You can never be too safe!)
Finishing strong7th overall and 2nd place in age group. Not too shabby! Chris and Drew also got 2nd place in their age group (the old man division)

MY NEXT TRI - Lake Lanier
Chris, Jay, & Beau before the swim. Beau and a few other people who did it said it was by far the least organized race they've done, just not run very well. The bike course wasn't marked well causing a bike wreck with Beau and another racer. Luckily everyone was okay (bike's a little scratched up) and it pushed Beau to finish even harder...finishing 5th overall 1st place in his age group.

ROSWELL TRIATHLON
This was the closest race to our house, so I made a special effort to wake the kids up and get there. It was a staggered start so it was easy to find Beau on the course.
The competing crew...The kids had on "dad's #1 fan" tshirts. I guess they would have to be #1 and #2...Ragan, Beau and Chris all placed in their divisions! Overachievers....
Beau placed 4 overall and 1st in his age group! The awards are piling up!!!

I'm sure I'll have more to brag about after the next race!

post signature

No comments: