Sunday, May 1, 2011

Triathlon Season BEGINS!

I have to brag on my very accomplished husband for just a moment. Proceed with caution...

Beau is a superstar triathlete! Four short years ago he did his first Adventure Race and has been hooked ever since. Now every year the equipment gets better, training is more intense and the family calendar is more full of races near and far. He is so committed to training and it shows on race day! I think he's fallen in love with the sport because he's highly competitive, can do some sort of training everyday without getting bored, it's a great stress relief after a hard day at work, AND it doesn't take five hours to do (like golf). I love to see him do something he enjoys so much!!! And it's contagious. Wade likes to ride his bike and run just like daddy. I'm sure we'll be looking for kid's triathlons very soon...

Well this year's "season" started May 1 in chilly Lake Lanier. He and Chris did the race, with Mandy and Beau's dad Tim watching. It was definitely cold enough for wetsuits!


Beau is fast in the water and stayed up front of his wave of swimmers...Then it's on to the bike. I know Beau was excited to finally get to use his new bike from Santa!He did great, but did have some problems with his chain. He lost some time fixing it, but was back on the road quickly.Here comes Chris in from the bike...After the bike, it's time to run! Beau's always been a fast runner...


Tim took this picture of Chris, and Mandy's in the background taking pictures too.
After the race, waiting for the awards ceremony. Even with his problems on the bike, Beau placed 3rd in his age group. GO BEAU!!! CONGRATS! And Chris placed first in his division! I feel like I should get their autographs!!!
CONGRATS GUYS! I know there will be many more victories to celebrate this summer and fall :)


post signature

No comments: