Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bree is 11 months old!

Miss Cecelia Bree is 11 months old and quickly cruising towards the big ONE YEAR! I'm still in disbelief that it's almost been a year. She's still my sweet little roly poly buck toothed beautiful baby....and will be forever.

Bree is still the happiest baby I know. She's all smiles and claps and head bobbing and squealing throughout the day.

She's pulling on furniture and getting a little more adventurous, but we're still a ling way from walking. She can disappear real fast crawling, and we have to double check doors and gates to make sure she's safe. If I can't find her for a moment, I head straight to the dogs' water bowl where she's usually emptying it out on the floor.

Wade and Bree definitely share a love of water. She has loved our early pool trips and could stay in the tub forever. She's not afraid to get wet! I did need to include this picture to show she a) can stand up (like a ballerina, on her toes at all times) and b) is only happy 97% of the time, this proves she does cry.

For some reason, I love the picture below so much! It is a true snapshot of my children right now. I placed Bree in the grass to take some pictures, she looks at me like I'm crazy, Wade says he wants to be in pictures too, but won't actually sit next to her, and of course he's in his favorite pj's of the hour. Love them!!!



Bree can make the funniest faces when she gets excited! And watch out if she gets really worked up....her screeching squeal could shatter glass (or bust an eardrum)...

Besides clapping, her favorite thing to do is to make motorboat sounds with her mouth and hands. Even better, she likes to use your mouth and her hand to make extra fun sounds!



Here's she's trying to get to Wade on the couch. Her favorite activity is to flop around in the pillows with him. They just roll around and basically bury themselves. Bree works so hard to get back up to a seated position then dives right back in, laughing the whole time. It's one of favorite games right now.





She's working on tooth number 6 - two on bottom are obviously out, and then 3 up top are out with a 4th almost there!



We've made a lot of progress with her finger foods. I can now give her most of whatever we're eating at meals. She's even adventurous enough to try asparagus. Avocado still makes her gag and I think she actually likes harder textured things than soft mushy. And here she is eating a magazine, so clearly we're not feeding her enough :) We're still avoiding all dairy, but she is finally taking the alimentum formula! HALLELUJAH!!! I'm now not so worried she will starve to death whenever the time comes to quit nursing. She's not very interested and gets completely distracted when I try, but we're still hanging in there!



Now that warm weather is here to stay, we're trying to enjoy the great outdoors before it gets too ridiculously hot. If she is getting a little fussy, some time outside usually cures the crankiness.



I weighed her at home and she's up to about 18.8 pounds. I do feel like she's put on more weight this month, which is great. Her round belly and cheeks have always made her look bigger than she is. Shhh - Don't tell Wade she was playing with his trucks!

We have a big month of milestone birthday celebrations in the next month (Nonna 60, Alicia 30) and will finish with baby girl turning ONE! I have lots of planning to do....what kind of icing/cake can a kid allergic to milk/dairy have??? Hmmm. I will find something!


Thank you sweet Bree for all the smiling, giggling, splashing, crawling, cuddling, enjoying and LOVING this month and every single day. You are my angel! I love you.

No comments: