Wade was supposed to be the ringbearer at his first and favorite babysitter's wedding. And by "supposed to be", you get where this story is going.

Erin was my former intern at Make-A-Wish, and then became our friend and first babysitter for Wade 2 years ago. Wade has grown up loving her and still lights up when she comes over. So we were delighted when Trent proposed and they asked Wade to be the ringbearer. We knew it would be a long shot, but since the flower girl was Erin's yorkie, we figured it was worth a try.

So we set-up the best case scenario to get Wade down the aisle...Mommy in front waiting with M&M's and trains, Daddy in back sending him down with matron of honor Kelsey (Erin's twin whom Wade also loves) and Ellie the dog. But as the moment drew closer, I could hear the wailing begin and knew that Wade was going to be a no show at his first wedding.
Oh well, we tried hard and at least Erin understood and still loves our little temper tantrum throwing toddler.
In addition to the traditional ringbearer duties, Wade was supposed to carry out the Scottish Horseshoe wedding tradition. A toddler boy hands the bride a horsehoe after the ceremony which signifies good luck. Wade did complete this task, but did it so quickly we were only able to get his picture...
After the ceremony was over and all pressure was off (including his vest and tie), Wade was a NEW MAN!!! He was laughing, playing, and dancing late into the night.
One thing I'm really sad about was missing out on great pictures of him by the wedding photographer. He was so grumpy and wanted nothing to do with her and pictures. I was lucky to get the few I did (above). But here are a few shots of the wedding that the photographer, Kate Byars, took and posted on Facebook. GORGEOUS! 
Since working full time, Erin has passed on her babysitting duties to many friends and we're lucky enough to have had Kelsey (3rd from left), Emily (not pictured but was at the wedding) and now Mandy (6th from left) with us. Wade is currently in love with Mandy and has so much fun playing with her. He makes her do all the things that boring mommy won't do (attempt to ride his mini power wheels, etc). And they're about to become even better friends as I'll need Mandy's help even more when baby girl gets here!

Since working full time, Erin has passed on her babysitting duties to many friends and we're lucky enough to have had Kelsey (3rd from left), Emily (not pictured but was at the wedding) and now Mandy (6th from left) with us. Wade is currently in love with Mandy and has so much fun playing with her. He makes her do all the things that boring mommy won't do (attempt to ride his mini power wheels, etc). And they're about to become even better friends as I'll need Mandy's help even more when baby girl gets here!







1 comment:
What a handsome ringbearer!!! Ansley is the flower girl in Rob's brother's wedding in 3 weeks and I am so nervous. I hope she will go down the aisle. Luckly, I am in the wedding and I am going to walk down right before her so if I have to I can hold her hand and walk with her... It should be interesting!!
Love the pics :)
Post a Comment