Saturday, May 22, 2010

13 or 6???

Since marrying Beau 6 years ago, he says we only get one anniversary...and I have to pick one :) I think it's just because he can't remember more dates than absolutely necessary. But regardless, I'd like to plead my case and explain why I will always cherish our dating anniversary, May 9, 1997 AND our wedding anniversary May 22, 2004.

I love my husband, I love our life, I love our 1.92 children, I love our families. But none of this would have come together if I hadn't first fell in love with a cute boy that asked me to senior prom and treated me like a queen. We didn't then magically make it through 4 years of college at different schools with plenty of other "distractions" just by accident. Then there was a super long engagement, 3 crucial years of dental school, all with plenty of bumps along the way....before we finally vowed to love each other forever (7 years and 1 month after that prom date). Call me crazy, but I don't feel that it's fair to just dismiss those important years of loving and learning and say that our life began together in 2004. So therefore, I will always celebrate May 9 (even if it's silently in my own heart) as a very special day. Love you Beau!!! Thank you for a wonderful 13 years together and 6 years of marriage :)

Luckily, we were able to sneak away for a night to Lake Oconee to celebrate our anniversaRIES (the weekend in between the 2 dates). Being as pregnant as I am, we knew we couldn't go too far so the Ritz Lodge was perfect. We were both really excited about a night away, just the 2 of us, with no baby monitors, and no one to wake us up in the morning!!! It was heaven! THANK YOU to both our parents that did a tag team effort to care for Wade while we were away.

Dinner by the lake...


Enjoying the evening on the balcony...34 weeks and counting....
My prince charming...

post signature

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary!! You are so beautiful and I LOVE your dress. :)

I totally think your dating anniversary counts. I mean... 13 years!!

Our anniversary dates are so close. So fun.