Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Out with the blue...in with the pink

With 8 weeks left until baby girl is due, I figured it was past time to start transforming her nursery from Wade's boy nursery. I knew I'd be sad taking out his baby stuff, but I was not prepared for the hormonal tears that came with it! Luckily Wade and Beau were out and about doing some male bonding, so I had the house to myself to cry away.

I didn't cry because I'm sad, or because I'm not thrilled to be having a girl and adding pink to our world, or because Wade isn't my baby anymore....it's just that I love all the memories of him as a baby and I cherish the time we had together just the 2 of us. Of course there are plenty of memories that I'd rather forget (namely late night cryfests, projectile vomiting, etc). But those are just vague memories anyway :) I remember each baby stage in this room and how he grew based on how he fit in my lap in the rocking chair, how carefully I had to place him in the crib to not wake him, how I'd fall back to sleep on the floor early in the mornings when he was just big enough to crawl all over me, and how most recently we had to cushion the outside of his crib with pillows in case he decided to monkey climb his way out. And I think back to all the effort that went into creating this room for him....Daddy on the tallest ladder we own trying to sponge on the perfect amount of white glaze to create clouds over the blue paint, Poppa and Dede helping to paint the bookshelves because the fumes were too much for me, Nonna sewing and hanging curtains, and Angie painting the tree mural I still love to stare at.

So I let myself have a good sentimental cry, and then packed up (or moved to his new room) all the blue.

It didn't take me long to bring out the pink things I had and start getting everything switched over. We still have a long way to go, but I'm confident she'll know she's not a boy when she sees her room. Keep in mind I LOVE the nursery and I'm changing as little as possible, so you may not think it looks that different when I finally get around to posting some pictures of her nursery. But it will be different enough.

Before I took anything down, I put a few things back in their original spots and took some pictures to remember exactly what Wade's nursery looked like. So here you go...

I promise to post picture of baby girl's nursery when it's "done". But don't hold your breath, it might be awhile. Maybe when we're moving her to a big girl room in preparation for baby #3, I'll get around to it?? :) he he he. Don't tell Beau I said that....

post signature

No comments: