Saturday, December 5, 2009

"Watch the FEET!"

Oh Wade, you have no idea who you are dealing with when you kick and scream at the bearded man in the red suit. You'll learn in time.

We ventured down to Phipps for a visit with Santa. I knew how it was going to go even before Wade woke-up on the wrong side of the crib. I knew he was going to freak when I plopped him on Santa's lap. I just didn't know how ferociously he would kick, promping Old Saint Nick to say, "Watch the feet! Watch the feet!" I tried hard not to laugh. But as you can see, I was the only one laughing in this situation. I figure we're 0 for 2 in the Santa department. Last year, he peed all over Santa (see picture below), this year he kicked him in the Claus family jewels. Santa sure is a good sport!!!
(2008 Santa visit, Wade had no clue Santa was even there)

After Santa, we made our way to lunch, passing the courtyard fountains. Wade went straight up to Nonna, patted her purse, put his hands out and said "pennies". Is this kid trained or what? Or are we the ones trained because we both proceeded to empty our change purses?! It was hard to get him to smile for pictures because he wanted to throw pennies, but we got a few shots...




("no more pennies????"

I would not have survived the experience without Nonna! I thank God everyday for Nonnas, Dedes, Poppas, and Grandpas that can help with the tantrums and still love the little devil just the same!! THANKS NONNA!!

post signature

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are adorable! I guess you called it. ;)

Sounds like you guys are having a wonderful holiday so far.

P.S. You have to check out my post about meeting The Pioneer Woman. Maybe I can get you hooked.

Jennifer said...

I couldn't help but bust out laughing at Wade with Santa. Hopefully it will be better next year. I will let you know how it goes with Ansley, she will be seeing Santa at our church on Saturday. She is really excited about Christmas this year and knows that Santa will bring her the beloved Dollhouse she wants... so we will see :)