Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Day!

Our Christmas was perfect. I was so happy to have my little family together, to enjoy being with one another, and getting to celebrate with our entire family too! We did miss seeing the Nicci & crew in Charleston this year :( We are so blessed every single day of the year, but especially on Christmas when we can really appreciate the gifts God has given us. I'm constantly in AWE.

After a few late nights in a row, Wade slept in on Christmas morning and we surely weren't going to wake him! So we had a late start getting moving, but it really didn't matter because there was only ONE important gift that really got OPENED....Wade's train table. After that, we could've put the rest of Santa's gifts away for his birthday (oh wait...we did do that...too bad I'll have to change the wrapping paper...Santa won't mind). We knew he'd love his new train toys, we just had no idea how much. As soon as he came downstairs, he saw his table and played with it nonstop until we had to DRAG him away to Nonna and G.G. house for more presents. I love seeing him so interested and excited about something!

"Not a creature was stirring"...the calm before the storm

"Wait a second, what is this huge table wrapped in paper doing next to the tree???"
We quickly moved onto presents for the dogs and ourselves when we realized Wade wasn't going to take his eyes off the tableWe quickly moved onto presents for the dogs and ourselves when we realized Wade wasn't going to take his eyes off the table
CHOO CHOO!!! He's getting really good with all his sound effects.
He even says "TIME TUNNEL" whenever a train goes through a tunnel (that's from PBS's Dinosaur Train). Every tunnel is a time tunnel.

Cali got a stocking full of pink toys!
Orwell had one with blue toys, but it didn't make it in the picture
The aftermath (Wade still hadn't taken his eyes off the train table)
We headed to Nonna and G.G.'s for brunch where we got to play with Caleb & Cae's new Wii. Wade actual understood the steering and driving concept on this game. I think we'll wait just a few more years before we venture into Wii world though...
Lauren found a new buddy. Sweet Orwell
Nonna, Wyatt, & Colt (on his first Christmas!!)
Wyatt got to shoot Nathan in the tushy because Nathan had shot at him...
Big boy Caleb gets a microscope!
Nonna & G.G. got a beautiful platter with all the grandkids on it (even baby Benich!) from Nathan & Michelle
Wade's big gift was a GeoTrax train. Can you guess if he liked it??
"Lauren, I like you and all. But if you'd like to keep your fingers I suggest you step away from the train"
After heading home for a much needed nap, we had a wonderful Christmas dinner at our house with Beau's parents Poppa & Dede. I must've been so busy I didn't take one picture! Forgive me!
Merry Christmas everyone!
post signature

No comments: