Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wade is 14 months old!

I continue to be amazed at how much Wade can learn, change and "grow-up" in a matter of days. He'll pick up the funniest mannerisms that just make me laugh. He's definitely in the phase that he wants to do, use, eat, and experience whatever you are doing, using, eating, and experiencing. If Beau is throwing balls for the dogs, he must also have a ball to throw. We've lost so many tennis balls down the drain as a result. Cali's good, but she's not that good. 2 balls is all she can fit in her mouth. If I'm blow drying my hair, I have to turn in on him every 30 seconds so he can shake his head and "dry his hair" too. It turns into a fun game. If you're on the phone, he wants to me on the phone. It's actually really cute (and SCARY) to watch him mimic things you don't even realize you're doing. We need to be a little more aware of our actions and words!!!
(watching tv with daddy. I know I shouldn't encourage it, but it's so cute to see him laying there to be close to his daddy)

He continues to be a great sleeper. We're in the processing of dropping his morning nap for one longer afternoon nap. Some days it works. Some days it doesn't. I feel like I'm constantly racing home with the windows down, music blaring, while tickling his feet....just to keep him awake. I'm not a fan of the transition phase, but can't complain overall!

Eating is a constant adventure. You never know how much he's actually eating versus throwing to the dogs. But he is getting a little more adventurous and wants to use spoons and forks, and thinks drinking out of a straw is such a treat (especially when it's daddy's sprite). (finishing off some lasagna. must have 2 forks...mine and his! There's something about this picture that makes Wade look so much like his cousin Rowan)
He's expanded his "talking" to include Poppa, Dede, Moooooo, and "ew-ew ah-ah" (for monkey). I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that he won't say Mama, but I'm patient. I won't give up just yet. He does call me "dada" all the time, but it's just not quite the same :)

(Wade loves playing peek-a-boo on the couch with these pillows. He'll cover himself up and "hide" until you find him. I'm tempted to test him and see exactly how long he'll stay under there. I might be able to get more done around the house...)
His greatest love right now is water. Any source or amount will do. He can splash and play in anything (the dogs' water bowl included). As you'll see in the pictures, we spend a lot of time changing his wet clothes because he finds water...
(Playing with the hose at Nonna and G.G.'s)

(Playing in the puddle in front of our house. I feel obligated to explain that I do not normally allow my child to soak himself in street water. However, I left him clean, dry, and in the very capable hands on our neighbors while I ran inside. I came back 5 minutes later to this very wet and dirty...but very happy...little boy. So instead of yanking him out and rushing him to the bath....I took pictures.)
(Wade can't stand it if anyone showers without him, so Beau just lets him in when he starts banging on the door - clothes, shoes, and all.)
(so happy with daddy!)
It's been a busy and fun filled month with Wade. Everyday is different, crazy, but so much fun. I thank God everyday for his sweet little feet to tickle and his belly laughs that keep me laughing. We love you little man!!!

post signature

No comments: