Wade is on week 6 of swim lessons. I think I explained earlier he's doing the Infant Survival swimming. It's torture for both of us. And I mean torture. I could list the negatives and why it's a pain, but instead I will list the important positive....when Wade "graduates" he should be able to save himself if GOD FORBID he falls into water. We're around so much water (grandparents' lake, pool and pond) and I know it only takes a second of looking away to lose a child near water. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about, but that's why I'm putting us both through it.
He's doing well and seems to be making progress. He can float on his back and is close to being able to rotate from stomach to back. If he'd let go of his hair and use his arms, I know he could do it! Then the trick is to float long enough to drift to a wall and grab the side. He's great at grabbing the side (because he thinks it's the closest he'll be to getting out). I'm hoping we're close the end of these difficult, but very important lessons.


A special thank you to Miss Marci for being patient with the screaming and nails digging in to her back :) And luckily we're going through the same process with friend (Avery Calvert and Charley Weeks are also in the program) so the moms can
1 comment:
I hear you on the swim lessons. We just finished a week of it and I am exhausted. It is pure torture, but as you said worth it. Michael Phelps he we come
Post a Comment