Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I spy something yellow...

Dear fur friends,

This is Cali. I'm Beau and Kriya's "first baby" and only girl. I've always loved being a part of this family, but I must admit it hasn't always been easy. From the first day they brought me home, I've had to endure endless humiliation - in the form of costumes. I'm a dog, and a big dog at that. I'm not a frilly little cocka-yorky-poo. I'm a squirrel chasing, dead animal grinding, any puddle swimming, REAL dog. It really hurts my self esteem when mom forces me to wear humiliating outfits. Exhibits A through F:This was a photo shoot for a doggie cookbook. I made page 45.
Me and Orwell, Christmas 2007. Orwell would put up a fight, but he's really old (almost ancient) and just happy to get the attention.
Me and Orwell, Halloween 2007. Luckily the Princess Leia costume has been passed on to my friend Lily Lyles. Sorry Lily.

This is me with our first foster dog, Sadie. I'm wearing my mom's flapper dress from college. How embarassing! My first halloween in costume. I look happy, but I assure you I am not.
I have no clue what got into my mom with this one. She needs help.
Well, as you see I've endured years of endless abuse. I thought my dress up days were over when Wade was born. The first day he was home, mom had bunny ears on the poor sucker and I thought I was in the clear. It's been a nice 7 months.....until this week.
Pumpkins are being carved, the air is crisp, and I know Halloween is just days away. Just last night, a large amount of YELLOW fabric appeared. Mom keeps draping this material over me trying to "size me up" and cutting out head and leg holes. I told Orwell to be afraid, be very afraid. I have a really bad feeling about this and keep having nightmares of being wrapped up in lots of yellow fabric. Oh how I hope my nightmare doesn't come true.
I'll let you know how it goes. And don't worry, if any costumes do appear you'll surely see pictures of them. My mom can't resist taking pictures.
Belly rubs and tail wags,
Cali

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cali, I feel your pain. At least you didn't get shaved . . . you can't take off a bad haircut. PS. thanks for the princess leia costume. You should have shredded it when you had the chance. Lily

Alicia said...

Cali, and your mama wonders why she doesn't sleep. Hmmm, maybe I will slip her a sleeping pill next time I am over there.