Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday Parties

Beau and I ventured out Saturday for a series of celebrations. We left Wade in the capable hands of a new babysitter, Jackie. You should have seen the handbook I put together for this poor girl. I'm talking phone numbers, food lists, bed time routines, the sheet music for "Jump Jump Johnny Giraffe (J/K!)....and I promise I'm not "that kind of mom". This was just really the first time we'd left him with a true blue "babysitter" that hadn't been around Wade before. Don't worry - Jackie is a friend of a friend, so we didn't just pull her off the street. But when I thought about all I had to teach her about Wade and how to care for him for 8 hours, it was exhausting. Needless to say, I was excited to get to the first party and get an adult beverage. Jackie was so sweet and even sang to Wade in creole. She said he really liked it. I guess I'm going to have to learn creole.
First stop was a wonderful football party for Kristin Culver and Bryan Jones's upcoming wedding. Luckily the hosts know exactly what crazy football fans need for a big game like Georgia/LSU - big TVs, great food, and plenty of adult beverages (or as Wyatt would say - Daddy Juice). The boys were able to sit front row and high five as Georgia proceeded to kick LSU's butt. And the girls could sit off to the side and chit chat. My kind of party. We had a great time catching up with everyone and celebrating with the future Joneses!!!
Kristin & Bryan Me, Melanie, Alex, Stephanie, Kristin, & Molly
Beau and Stephen hunkered down eating Taqueria Del Sol...
Georgie scores again!!

Next stop was Brian Stephens SURPRISE 40th birthday party. That's correct (not a typo), Brian turned 40 Monday. He's so OLD :). Just kidding Brian! Alison planned a great party at La Paz in Vinings and even though Brian admitted he knew ALL about it, we had a so much fun. It did make me feel silly hiding behind cars in the parking lot so he didn't see me coming in late. Oh well.
Oh Brain, such a good look for you!Leave it to Beau...

So then after 2 mexican fiestas and lots of fun, we made it home to our little man. He was thankfully fast asleep. We hope Jackie comes back again soon!!! Next time I'm just telling her to wing it...

post signature

No comments: