Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wade's Preschool Class

I know I don't blog about it often, but Wade LOVES going to school! It was a rough start back in August and I really wasn't sure if he'd even adjust. That same boy now pulls me through the parking lot to get to his class and refuses to stop playing when I get there to pick him up! What a change! We still take "night night" (his little blankie) with him in case he needs it, but he rarely takes it out of his bag.
(Wade school picture taken in October. I absolutley adore this picture and his smile!)

(Wade Toddler Class, October 2009)

It's weird as the mother that's been a part of every little aspect of his life (for almost 2 years now!) to have him doing and experiencing things without me. I say it's weird, but OH SO necessary. I'm so glad he gets the exposure to new activities, kids, teaching styles without me hovering. All toddlers are different out of the sight of their parents, and I know Wade is VERY different without me around!


Wade (like most boys) doesn't come home talking about his favorite song, the kid that stole his toy, or what they had for snack that day......but I'm slowly putting it all together. I do wish I had a webcam to see what they do all day!

Another mom was talking about how her daughter won't eat without making "prayer hands" and singing the blessing that she learned in class. I just shrugged it off thinking Wade hadn't caught on. Then I just randomly said "prayer hands" to him. He instantly clapped his hands together and looked down, waiting for me to start singing. I was shocked!!! But so excited!!!

Because the kids are so young and still adjusting to being away from parents, our involvement with class activities is very limited. Parents aren't allowed to visit the classroom....it causes way too many meltdowns! So when we were invited for donuts one morning, I was so excited to be in "his world" for a little while. I got to see which toys he liked to play with, which kids he interacted with, and that he really likes donuts :)

Avery and her parents enjoyed some donuts too!!!This is Wade's friend Jack. And another friend, Josie...Playing after donuts...When it was time for the parents to leave, the teachers brought out the rope to "transport" the kids to their music class. Each kid gets a different color handle and amazingly holds on and moves forward down the hallway! It is quite a sight to see!Do you think Wade was excited to go to music???Here they are marching down the hall. Priceless.The blue shirts are spirit shirts they all have and are supposed to wear on certain days.

We are so thankful for Wade's wonderful teachers, Mt. Bethel's preschool program, and all the fun & learning Wade gets to have. That's why we signed up for 3 days next year! Whoo Hoo!
post signature

No comments: