Erin called me pretty upset to say Wade fell off the pool table (don't judge. he begs to get up there to roll the balls in the holes, he just lost his balance and fell off the side). He seemed okay, but honestly I first turned around for Erin, not Wade. By the sounds of things, he was fine, but she was so upset that the accident happened with her and I didn't want to make it any worse for her. I seriously thought, I'd run back home comfort them both and be on my way shortly. But to make a very long story as short as possible, after hours of appearing fine Wade started vomiting and acting very strange. We knew these were red flags in case he had hit his head, so we rushed to the ER. I can not express the panic I felt at that point wondering what was happening to Wade. I thought of all the stories I read, hear and FEAR. The nurses took us really quickly and I'm so thankful for that. I could NOT have sat in a waiting room wondering if my child's brain had been bleeding for 5 hours. Not acceptable. His doctor exam appeared fine, but considering the turn of events they recommended a CT scan. Poor little man had to be sedated which meant every tube, IV, and monitor on the planet. You can imagine how much he loved all the poking and prodding.
But he did great and came out of the sedation well (THANK YOU GOD!). The CT was negative and we were given the all clear!!!
I was so relieved to walk out of that hospital with my sweet baby healthy who was acting like nothing ever happened. By this evening, he was swimming in the tub, teasing Cali with chips and cheese dip, and running around laughing and screaming "DADA". Music to my ears.
THANK YOU Erin for taking such good care of Wade. It was an accident and could happen to anyone. We love you in spite of your request to be fired...
THANK YOU Nonna for helping us at the hospital and supporting us through the ordeal.
THANK YOU Scottish Rite for having the technology and doctors to give Wade the medical attenion he needed.
THANK YOU God for protecting our son and healing him today and everyday.





5 comments:
Wow Kriya, what an awful experience to have to go through. I can't imagine how Erin feels, but I agree with you, it could happen to ANYONE!!! Erin sounds like an amazing sitter and really cares for Wade.
So glad everything is okay with Wade!
So happy to hear that Wade is okay! He is a tough little cookie! And this does happen to others...Hailey fell off the changing table a couple of weeks ago and hit her head. I was so upset with myself but realized that are wiggly little kids and no matter how much you watch them these things happen.
I'm so glad Baby Wade is okay!! Nathan and I pray for him often. It's really all we can do....accidents are going to happen!!
How nice to have Nonna's extra hands at the hospital. Since being a mommy, I've had 4-5 visits to Children's ER without any extra hands to help. I didn't realize what I was missing until this past week when I had to take Wyatt and my mom joined me. It was so nice to have someone to help.
How scary! I am so glad that everything turned out ok. I can't even imagine what you were going through but it sounds like you have such a caring and sweet babysitter.
Thank goodness the Lord was watching out for Wade and your family. Hope you are having a restful week. :)
P.S. I can't believe his hair is blond now! That is too funny. :oP
I'm so sorry to hear about Wade, but thankfully he is okay!
Post a Comment