Wade is continuing to grow and learn and laugh and play and torture the dogs like a little boy should. As you can tell from the recent accidents, he's VERY active and all over the place. He's so strong now that he can climb up on just about anything. He can even open our doors (we have the lever style door handles) so we're on constant alert to keep gates closed and doors locked. Cali was barking at the back door the other day to come in, and then all of a sudden she was next to me...huh?? How did that happen? Oh yeah, Wade can open doors.
HE WILL FINALLY SAY MAMA!!! It's not the same type of loving affectionate "dada" that Beau gets 100 times a day, but it's something. It usually comes as whining "I want something and you are just the person who can give it to me", but every once in awhile it's a sweet loving "mama". Like this morning, I could here him awake in the monitor playing and saying dada over and over again. But when I peaked my head into the crib he smiled ear to ear and said mama. MELT. MY. HEART. He's continuing to show his affection for the male members of the family by saying "Oh-wa" for Orwell, but nothing for Cali. Cali just gets the standard "dawg". She's okay with it though. She'd rather be chasing squirrels anyway.
Wade's sport of the month is basketball. . We can be anywhere and when he picks up a ball, he bends his knees, looks up for the hoop (imaginary hoop I guess?) and tries to makes a basket. It's really cute. His Dede even bought him his own mini basketball goal so he can play at home. It's in the garage, and he gets so mad when I make him come inside. So he carries the ball around the house all day. Balls, balls, and more balls.
Now when we hear daddy driving in, Wade wants to rush out to greet him. And while, he is excited to see his daddy, he's really wanting to get in his car and "drive". He stands behind the steering wheel and presses every button and dial. He's a button boy!





2 comments:
I can't believe Wade is 16 months ago! It's amazing to see the big changes just in the last few months. They grow so quickly!
I think my mom had a great birthday. :) It's a lot of pressure to make her 60th a memorable one!
We are doing well. This summer has been busy but I like it that way. Yours has been at least twice as busy as ours! It's been fun reading about all your fun excursions. Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Actually, I wanted to tell you that with all your triathlons you guys have been doing, it has made me check into ones around here! I think we might be doing a 10K to start with in October. My husband is not a huge fan of swimming. Ha!
Hey guys, it's Allen. Looks like Wade is growing up to be quite the little man. I am very happy for you both. It seems like parenthood is treating both of you very well.
I just wanted to touch base with you, it has been a long time. Amanda and I are doing great, still in Johnson City. I have a couple more rotations to finish up before taking the plunge into residency.
Let us know the next time you are planning on spending time in or around Asheville, we live only about an hour away. I would love to see you guys. Hope to catch up with you soon.
Post a Comment