Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Praying for Stellan

UPDATE: According to MckMama's blog and twitter, Stellan's finally stable. He's still at great risk and is being air lifted to Boston for another heart surgery, but he's at least out of immediate danger. Thanks for your prayers so far....keep 'em coming!!!

Prayers for Stellan
The blog world is an interesting phenomenon. You can read someones blog and instantly feel like you know them (Hi Lindsey in Texas!). I've found that it's easy to get sucked into other people's lives, stories, and experiences through their blogs...much like people watch soap operas and and get completely hooked. Well, I fell upon a blog many months ago (ironically my sister-in-law Michelle reads it too!!) that I keep going back to.

Here's the quick story:

"MckMama", pregnant with her 4th child, finds out her unborn son has a fatal heart condition that won't survive pregnancy. Believing more in God than what the doctors were telling her, she started a prayer movement to get as many people praying for her baby as possible. That's how I first found out about Stellan (and it wasn't one of those cheesy emails about the kid with the tumor that won't get treatment unless you forward to 10 people). Since then, Stellan was born healthy, experienced more heart trouble, had multiple hospital stays, one heart surgery, and almost 9 months of life (remember, he wasn't "supposed" to survive). Feel free to click on the button above to read the full story. Anyway, I've stayed tuned in to Stellan's story for many reasons. 1) I care about his journey and genuinely want to see his little heart CURED! 2) I picture Wade in a situation like this and I know I would want every pray possible for my little boy 3) MckMama and crew live in Minnesota near my extended family and for some reason I feel in touch with what they're up to. When they talk about blizzards and ice fishing I picture my family doing the same. Hey Kritzecks and Reuters!!! 4) Mckmama is a great photographer and I like to get her latest photo tips 5) She writes witty and insightful posts everyday so I know whenever I check her blog there will be something new to read AND 6) Last but certainly not least, I admire MckMama's faith in God even in the darkest times. She's human and gets frustrated like the rest of us, but her faith is unwavering.

So, the reason why I'm writing about Stellan tonight is because he is not doing well. After a new cocktail of drugs, his heart condition is not able to be controlled. They're running out of options for him. So Stellan needs our prayers more than ever. Please pray that Stellan will be comfortable in the hospital and continue to smile even through the painful parts, that his sweet mom will have strength beyond herself to survive this dark uncertain time, and ultimately that God will heal Stellan's little heart and make him whole again.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kriya, this is such a sad story. I too have been following Stellan's journey. But I have to admit it has been a while since I have checked in on the website.... Thanks for reminding :)

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the shout out! :) I totally agree with you on feeling like you know somebody through their blog.

I follow MckMama too and have been praying for little Stellan. I can't even imagine what their family is going through. She has such an amazing attitude and faith. Thanks for reminding us to be in prayer for them.