We started the day with lunch at Poppa and Dede's. Poppa always makes sure the pool is perfectly set-up (with umbrellas, toys, extra towels) when Wade's coming over. He wants to maximize his Wade time. Father's Day was no exception! They played in the pool and had a great time.
As soon as Wade went down for his nap, Beau and Time took the opportunity to catch some Z's too. There's something in Benich blood that allows them (and I mean ALL OF THEM) to be able to fall asleep wherever, whenever, and with the tv at any volume. I don't understand it and at times I'm a little jealous. I can't nap (or go to bed early). I digress...
Then it was off to see my family to celebrate my dad (Larry/Enzo), stepdad (Greg/G.G.). and brothers (Shawn & Nathan). Enzo live on Bishop Lake here in Marietta and hosted the crew lakeside! The afternoon was full of fishing, swimming, boat rides, mojitos, and a yummy dinner. I'm exhausted just thinking about all the fun! Wade personally enjoyed the game room in the basement where he chased ping pong balls for hours and turned up the volume on the stereo. Enzo has a floor speaker and Wade would turn the volume up really loud and then shuffle over to the speaker and dance in front of the booming sound. We all went a little bit deaf. Wade was in heaven....music, buttons, buttons that control music, balls that bounce, AND all of his Reuter cousins 2 days in a row???? What more could a kid ask for?
Enzo teaching Wade how to play guitar...
All the kids helping Enzo fill his wine jug with corks...
Wade thinks the corks are a little too fun and camps out in the box. Lauren wants a turn, but Wade is being a bully and won't let her in the box... The feast!
Leaving on a boat ride. Wade not too happy about his life jacket...
G.G. and Cae
Shawn, Angie & boys
Shawn and his 3 sons (Caleb, Cae & Colt)





No comments:
Post a Comment