Monday, June 22, 2009

"Dada Bohw"

Beau is an amazing father. From the first day Wade joined our family, Beau has been ready to jump right in and do whatever needs to be done to make his baby (and baby's mama) happy. Father's Day 2008 (Wade 3 months, notice Beau & Wade have the same color hair)

Fathers Day 2009 (Who's that blondie in Beau's lap? Wade's eyes are saying, "hey lady, leave us alone. can't you see this is a guy's moment?" Couch disclaimer: I realize that in my pictures it appears that all Beau & Wade do is lay on the couch and watch tv together. But actually, it's just close to where I keep my camera so when they're laying there all cute, it's easy for me to take a quick picture. I promise they do other fun/active/educational things!!!)

The first thing out of Wade's mouth in the mornings is "Dada? Bohwww?" And when he realizes Dada's already gone to work, he starts asking for the dogs instead. But as soon as Beau's car is back in the driveway (you can hear it coming a mile away), Wade is so excited and just wants to love on his daddy. They play, wrestle, torture the dogs, watch tv, go for a run, whatever seems fun at the moment. This may seem like an easy thing to do, but I know Beau has stressful days at work. He spends all day grinding in people's mouths, listening to their complaints, and knowing he's the last person anyone wants to have to see in a day (who really likes going to the dentist anyway?). It's exhausting for him. So it means so much to me (AND WADE!) that he can leave work behind and come home ready to be daddy.

In Wade's world Daddy = fun, cheese puffs, lots of ketchup, special time in the couch nook, getting muddy in the backyard, splashing in the puddle, tickle time, and anything Mom won't normally let him do. I've already accepted the fact that I will have to be the disciplining parent and Beau gets to be the fun one. I'm okay with that. I know Wade will still love me too :)

Thank you Beau for working AND playing so hard for Wade!

post signature

No comments: