Saturday, June 13, 2009

Asheville Triathlon

Beau successfully completed his 4th Sprint Triathlon this weekend!!! That's 4 since April. Can you say crazy? CRAZY! Luckily he has crazy friends that do it with him.
It's actually funny to watch the progression from one event to the next and how much more he gets into the sporty competition. The equipment is getting more expensive and the spandex seems to be getting tighter :)
Beau, Seam & Joe preparing for the race. Seam needed a little help getting the swim cap over his big old noggin. Starting out on the run. We were able to see him transition from the bike to the run. Wade was so excited to see "dada" running byWe're so proud of you Dada!!!The big finish lineWade got a little restless waiting at the finish. So he started throwing dirt (I had to choose between dirt throwing and jumping in the lake....). I didn't realize how much had gone down his back until later when I was changing his diaper on our bed. Rocks, sand, and dirt everywhere. Nice.Do you see the spray of dirt in the air?I just love seeing the mountains in the background!
Later that afternoon, we all treated ourselves to massages at a spa in the Biltmore Village. Even though the girls hadn't ACTUALLY completed a triathlon that day, it was VERY exhausting waiting at the finish line and we DESPERATELY needed that massage :) After massages we relaxed at this courtyard bistro "Fig". Wade was a trooper through it all....and so were Joe & Lisa and Seam & Jennifer. They may not be used to traveling with a toddler, but they were very understanding of our "limitations".The rest of the time we just relaxed at the cabin. Wade LOVED this porch swing and spent the majority of the time pushing it or climbing on it.

The GRILL MASTERS! We made an amazing dinner at the cabin. I should say THEY all made an amazing dinner. I was chasing a toddler and can take no credit.
DANCE PARTY - Jennifer wanted to show off Wade's dance moves so she enticed him with some hip hop and got him bopping. This was the only picture I got (and I realize it's horribly blurry), but Wade stood right there next to the ipod just dancing away.
On our way home Sunday, we stopped in Brevard, NC where I used to work at Camp Illahee. It brought back so many fun memories to drive through the town and then the camp. I'm that camp dork that LOVED it all. Beau used to come visit and we'd go to this waterfall in the Pisgah National Forest, Looking Glass Falls. The water is so cold it takes your breathe away!! It was great to be back :)Wade's FIRST waterfall!!!!That's Beau and Seam in the water there. You can only stay in for a minute before you start to go numb.

post signature

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Looks like you guys had an amazing time in Asheville. I absolutely love that city!