Well, today was our first official day alone!!!Wade cried for 4 hours straight. No joke. I tried every trick in the book, but he was not a happy camper. I'm convinced he missed my sister Alicia, who left last night. She spent the week with us spoiling him, helping with everything (including night duty!), and giving lots of love. It was her spring break from nursing school and she had offered to come help months ago. It worked out perfectly and it was so much fun to have my best friend and sister here with us. To say we're close would be an understatement. We shared a bedroom until I was about 13 (?). Of course we hated it then and fought constantly. Then before Beau and I were married, we CHOSE to share a room again in Charleston (rent was expensive! we were both poor). But since I've been back in Atlanta and now she's in Athens, we don't get to hangout like we used to.
Alicia is super aunt! All the boys call her "Aunt Sheesha". They love her so much, they call me Aunt Sheesha too. I would be offended, but it has to be a compliment. Caleb can name every one of our family's many golden retrievers with no problem...but can't remember I'm Kriya not Sheesha?? The "Sheesha" started when she was born and I was 2 years old. I couldn't say Alicia, so she became "Sheesha".
So Alicia, THANK YOU for giving up your spring break to keep me company, care for a crying baby, and be the a great Aunt to little Wade. He'll appreciate some day...but I appreciate today :)
Love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment