When you hear about what it's like to become a new mom/dad and have a baby, experienced parents love to tell you:
"Your life will never be the same"
"You'll never sleep again"
"It's not just 18 years, it's a lifetime commitment"
"You'll learn the true meaning of unconditional love"
and my personal favorite....
"The first 2 weeks are tough. If you make it through that, you'll be okay"
Well. we made it through the first 2 weeks!!! I'm still alive, Beau's not too traumatized, and Wade could care less what day it is as long as there's some milk, a clean diaper, and a swaddling blanket nearby. Of course, I must reference my previous message about the amazing help we've had and give credit where credit is due :) But regardless....we survived!
We're getting into the swing of things and trying to get settled at home. There is a learning curve to this new job. We now know which swing Wade sleeps best in, how to swaddle him just right for the longest peaceful sleep, and that you must plan 5.5 hours in advance if I'd like to shower or even consider leaving the house. Our second weeks was unforunaltely filled with more doctor's appointments (me and him), but all is well. He's gaining the weight he needs too, jaundice is gone, and is an overall healthy little boy. Beau and I escaped for our first dinner alone while Beau's parents (Papa and Dede) held down the fort. We had a great dinner at La Strada including my first glass of wine in many months :). And then an oh so romantic Wal-Mart run for baby supplies. It was fabuous.
Lots of family and friends were able to meet Wade for the first time this week, including his cousins (my brothers' sons). Here's a full album of the week:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=j5k5p15.9j68vopx&x=0&y=-y3mcoo&localeid=en_US
Then I'll post some hightlight shots here later!
Gotta run....the monster's beginning to stir!
Love to you all!
3 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment