Monday, December 10, 2012

Priceless Pictures

The plan was to meet our friend and photographer, Caroline Carr, at Morgan Falls for a quick family shoot for Christmas cards. It was kinda last minute, but I was glad to get some great pictures of the 4 of us. These are some of my favorite pictures and to me they are priceless. If you know me well, you know I have photo envy always. You can never have enough pictures, right???













As we were planning this photo outing, we were dealing with the loss of Trevor and talking with Wade daily about his brother. There were many conversations about Trevor in heaven, where Trevor likes to sleep (crib or the clouds?), and whether or not he gets to ride motorcycles with God. We also talked about Christmas and that even though Trevor wouldn't be with us, we can always send him our love. Wade, being the literal kid that he is, wanted to know how we could give Trevor his presents. That's when we came up with the balloon idea. It was very last minute and I had a hard time searching out this special balloon, but it could not have been more perfect.


It wasn't anything too sad, there we no formal words spoken, but it was unbelievably special for the 4 of us to stand there together and send our love up to Trevor. I was smiling (with a few tears in my eyes), so thankful for the two children standing with us. So thankful that we can show our love for Trevor in a way that is tangible and literally uplifting to Wade and Bree. Caroline was just snapping away while we took some time to play with the balloon and ultimately let it go. 




 We watched it for the longest time and were able to follow it until it was only a tiny speck in the sky.




I hadn't intended to share this moment and these photos with everyone, but they turned out so great I had to include them somehow in our Christmas card. In a way, I was thankful that Trevor would be a part of at least one card. We can not end 2012 and celebrate Christmas without thinking of him and what her means to our family. I'm incredibly thankful to Caroline for capturing this day and giving us a complete family photo to treasure.

(Full Measure Photography, http://fullmeasurearts.com/the-benich-family.html)

post signature

No comments: