Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Alicia/Sheesha!


My dear sweet sister Alicia had a milestone birthday this year. The baby of the family is 30!!!

Alicia and I have always been close (in relationship and proximity) all our lives and I'm thankful God surprised our family with her existence 30 years ago!! We shared a room for more years than I can remember, begrudgingly shared clothes even when I told her not to touch my stuff, and shared thousands of inside jokes and memories along the way. I don't know what I'd do without her!

So to celebrate her 30 years of wonderfulness, we had a girls' day of fun here in Atlanta. Beau's parents were sweet enough to let us use their condo as headquarters for the day. Thanks Poppa & Dede!
We started the day by the pool with Alicia's favorite margaritas in hand.
Then we played a fun game. Alicia has a habit of creating inside jokes with everyone she meets. There is always a funny story, nickname, or phrase to be relived! So we had everyone bring an item to represent an inside joke involving Alicia. Then we put them all in a bag and made her guess who brought what and then tell us all the story. Let me just name a fe
w of the random things in the bag.....a "rowdy stick", frosting, brown paper bag with a face drawn on it, airplane, dirty scrubs, gum with scissors, a poncho, little debbie oatmeal pies, and this sweatshirt...It was so fun to hear all the stories from childhood, high school, college, and beyond.
A few stories my mom needed to plug her ears for...
And then Sherri challenged Alicia to an IM swimming race....
And we had to do the "George Washington" in the pool. Anyone else do this growing up?
After when we were nice and crispy from the sun, we moved the party upstairs to the condo for drinks and dinner.


Then we headed out for more celebration and to met up with more friends. Alicia's friend Neal made and wore this shirt to the bar. It's some sort of inside joke - and he didn't even know about our game earlier that day!
We took the party with us everywhere we went!

And here I must go into a long story that you probably won't think is that funny (remember we started the party about 12 hours before these pics were taken if you get my drift). But I want to remember why Alicia's friend Sherri has a 1997 Wheeler High School yearbook....on the dance floor.
Meet Sherri. She's crazy, sarcastic, and obnoxious (in the most loving way). It is impossible to be in her presence and not laugh. Long story short, she started hassling me that I never signed her yearbook from 14 YEARS AGO, so much to my surprise she brought it to the pool party. We all got a good laugh about it. She said she would carry it around all day/night long until I signed it. At that point (I have NO idea why), I challenged her (and bet her $100) to find one person from high school out that night to sign her yearbook. This person couldn't be someone she talked to and they couldn't have signed it back in the day. Honestly, I thought that would be impossible but hilarious to watch her carry it around.
Meet Garrett Gravesen. He went to our high school. Can you see where this story is going?
So out at a bar, we run into Garrett (complete with tux and top hat!). I knew I was screwed the moment someone came to dance floor dragging a guy behind them shouting...."LOOK WHO I FOUND!". Sherri looked like she had won the lottery and I was in complete disbelief. Garrett was more than happy to oblige, winning Sherri the $100. It was hilarious and I owe Sherri for a night full of laughs. Best $100 I ever lost!
I wish I could say the yearbook story ended there, but no. Sherri proceeded to walk around the bar asking random people to sign her yearbook. I think she actually had some takers...

We finally called it a night at 3am (that's right people, I survived a night out until 3am!) after the perfect day of sun, fun, food, cocktails, and lots of dancing! I know Alicia had the best day celebrating with her family, old friend, new friends, and work friends.

WE LOVE YOU SHEESHA!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...this looks like the best party EVER!!!!!!!!! I would have been there with bells on AND signed that YEARBOOK! I love me some Reuter girls!!
XOXO Polly