Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wade these days...

Mr. Wade is having a great summer. He has really enjoyed a slower schedule, swimming almost daily, getaways, and being spoiled rotten. His behavior has gotten a lot better and we're hoping he's hit a new maturity level to handle his moods :)

This picture speaks a thousand words....naked (his favorite way to be), being silly, still dragging around his giraffe "NeNe" everywhere we go, and trying to wear daddy's shoes (big shoes to fill little man!)
He's big into this new "silly face". Now whenever I bring out the camera, this is the face I get. I think it's actually pretty cute :)
Wade is starting a new chapter in his life moving to Casa Montessori in the fall. I'll do a separate post about that, but here he is with his new friend, Wade Cutter. That's right, another Wade in our life! Wade Benich thinks it's funny there is another Wade and now any Wade must have a last name too. Wade thinks his last name is Myer-Spinach.
I can finally say Wade's train obsession is slowly weakening. He still LOVES trains, but definitely works sports, cars, and trucks into the day. He begs to play soccer on a real team like Caleb so we're working on that for the Fall. He picks a new toy each day that is his favorite and it must stay with him the entire day. Then as soon as a new day dawns, he picks a new one. Weird. He's started to do a lot more creative play that involve characters and scenarios. It's cute to hear him talking to himself in different voices for different toys/characters. I can not begin to tell you what a great swimmer he is. He has absolutely no fear, will jump of diving boards, slide down slides, surf waves, and try "back flips". He's a water maniac. Here he is with Maggie and Charley at the pool. They all have a blast together!The Kennemore's gave Wade his very own camera for his birthday, and he really likes taking his own pictures. If I'm using mine, he has to run and find his. Here are a few of his recent masterpieces....
His NeNe....
His own feet. Actually taken with my camera. Yikes
Pajamas, bedhead, and bathing suits. That's about all you will see of him this summer. I've given up on "real clothes".
Wade has discovered how to make a joke and wants to make everyone laugh. He will say something he knows is incorrect, like when getting dressed "tag goes in the front!", then look at you with the cutest grin and say "i just making a joke!" Sometimes he takes it too far, but it's still pretty harmless. His favorite new word is "doody". He even jokingly called me a "doody head" the other day. So picture me trying to explain in the car that doody wasn't a nice word, while he's laughing every time I say it.

Wade is becoming very outgoing and completely IDOLIZES older children. I know this is common, but I feel like it has really kicked in for him. I even had a sad mommy moment at Chic-Fil-A when he was excited to "make new friends" on the playground, only to have the 8 year old girl he was stalking run and hide behind her mom saying, "that little boy won't leave me alone, so I told him to climb to the top and I'd meet him there". Sweet Wade just wanted a buddy to play with!
I had to include this because it is the ONE and ONLY time my dear son has fallen asleep on the couch for a nap. He just is not the type of kid that will relax when tired and allow himself to sleep. Since naps are a distant memory for him, I do make him "rest on the couch" to watch TV while Bree takes her nap. But this was a rare sight!!!
We've had some potty training regression with LOTS of poop accidents this summer. It started with some legitimate accidents because of an upset stomach, and then somehow he forgot how to get to the bathroom in time! Now he's just going in his pants on purpose. So we're now all taking regular potty breaks just in case. He was insistent Lightning McQueen and Bree participate.
Doesn't it look like Lightning McQueen is actually trying to go??

Wadey Wadey!!! You crack me up everyday and I'm loving our summer together. Keep growing and laughing and swimming and thinking and joking and loving! Love, Mom

post signature

No comments: