Bree had her first road trip to the beach with my family. She was constantly spoiled and loved on by the many open arms to hold her. She spent very little time on the beach because of record breaking heat, but we can definitely call it her first beach experience.
Then we headed to Lake Oconee for a luxurious weekend at the Ritz. What a spoiled brat that her first stay in a hotel was at the Ritz?? It's all down him from there baby...She got some quality time with Aunt Nicci and her cousins, strolled around the grounds with her own personal fan and umbrella, and even lounged by the pool a little bit.

At home we've just been trying to get into any sort of routine. We continue to play musical beds around the house between Beau sleeping in his "man cave" basement, Bree napping in swings and bassinets, weak attempts at moving her to her crib, me getting desperate in the middle of the night and putting her in bed with me, etc, etc. With Wade I can honestly say I NEVER EVER put him in bed with me, partly for safety and partly because I was deathly afraid of creating horrible habits that we'd never break. So if it took me longer to rock him the middle of the night, so be it. The big difference is of course now I don't have all morning to catch up and sleep in if we have a bad night. Bree may sleep in till 9:00am, but Wade has been waking as early as 6:30 ready to start the day. So I have to just do whatever I can to get as much sleep as possible at night. During the day when Wade goes down for a nap, I am DESPERATE (and I mean desperate) to get one too. And the only way I can be certain Bree with sleep is to put her in bed with me and cuddle! She will settle into a deep sleep and I love it. It's one of my favorite parts of the day. She does this full body stretch when she's waking up that is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!
This smile just melts my heart. She has her short windows of alert and happy time and I just want to soak them up as much as possible. She's happiest on her stomach propped on a boppy (hence all the pictures), and will just smile away. Wade thinks it so funny. He'll say, "Beeee happy, she smilin!"






3 comments:
It sounds like Bree is just perfect :) I love her facial expressions... She looks so much like her big brother, or maybe it is you Kriya I see a lot of in her?
Keep up the tummy time so she doesn't have to have a helmet like sweet Aly! Just got the word that she will be sporting a helmet in 2 weeks :(
Kriya, I enjoyed spending time with you, Bree, Wade; of course, your mother. Bree is adorable, and holding her in my arms and admiring her little face, hands and feet brought back lovely memories. I could have held her in my arms all afternoon.
The two month old pictures are adorable, and it is great I get to see her again on your blog.
Sounds like you are enjoying every moment of motherhood.
Love, Kathy
I love all her super cute outfits!! She is just the sweetie little thing!
Post a Comment