Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Hikes

My crazy family was all together on Halloween Eve to go to the Chattahoochee Nature Center Halloween Hikes.
(Enzo met us over there)

We all met up at our house to eat and get into costumes before heading over
I thought we were going to have a successful alien wearing evening....but that only lasted a few minutes, then we moved on to Nemo
The 6 pack of cousins: Caleb and Cae the bats, Wyatt the cowboy, Nemo (eating skittles), Ladybug Lauren, and Colt the pumpkin
Wade was so traumatized by the end of photos, we had to give him more skitttles. Look at that crocodile tear :(
Everybody loves Aunt Sheesha!
The festivities at the Nature Center were really fun for the kids. They had music, food, bonfire, face painting, and other crafty activities. Our party of 17 took over the place when we got there!!!



The Halloween Hikes are a night time trail walk where you encounter costumed "creatures" along the way. They tell you some educational and interesting facts about the themselves. The funny part about it is that back in high school when Grandpa Greg used to be the Director there, I volunteered as one of the animals. I think I even had to sing my script. But I can't remember what character I was. Hmmm? I guess it's already been so long.

The kids really seemed to enjoy it! Wade did get a little restless, so daddy bribed him with more candy. Are you seeing the trend of candy bribery here?
Diane, Enzo, and Colt
I want in on what's so funny!


It's always so much fun to be together with my whole family. Crazy....but fun! We had a blast. Can't wait to go again next year!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Kriya, love reading about your family. We also almost forgot to carve our pumpkin. We missed it last year, and Alyssa made sure we didn't forget this year, since she won't be here next Halloween:[ Also, I remember taking Alyssa to the Nature Ctr. when she was 4 or 5, Greg showed her owls close up and personal, and I still remember her costume, Esmeralda, from 'Hutchback of Notre Dame". I have a better memory than you :]