Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Take 1, 2 and 3

So let me begin the Halloween pictures with my chronicle of "costuming" my little toddler.



I found a cute alien costume a couple months ago and thought it was hilariously cute. In addition to the stuffed polka dot belly and googly eyes, there's a second set of arms that move with his arms. How funny would that be? Well, after the first "fitting" I knew he was not happy. He just kept saying OFF OFF OFF.

So I decided to keep trying, but get a back-up costume if needed. I found a cute dragon that was very simple, just pants and a hoodie. I thought for sure he wouldn't notice such a simple costume. Oh was I wrong. He was not a fan of the dragon either. He didn't even let me begin to take a picture.


Then I tried the alien costume again in hopes that he'd like it this time. It was going well (with the hose to distract him)
Then I pressed my luck and put the gloves on to make the arms move up and down. BAD IDEA.


Just when I thought he'd end up trick-or-treating in his boo shirt or skeleton PJs...

The Crawford boys offered their Nemo costume!!! Both Buie and Mason have been Nemo in past years, and were so nice to let Wade give it a go. Of course he LOVED it. He even kept the hood on, didn't mind the flapping fins, and wore it with a smile everytime! It was indeed the perfect costume. Finding Nemo is actual Wade favorite movie. When we get in the car he says "MO-NE!" (somehow he's mixed up the syllables? he does the same thing for Elmo)

And my little Nemo lived happily ever after....

Stay tuned for Halloween week festivities pictures to come...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

this post is hysterical!!! Wade definitely knows what he wants :) I love the alien costume... it is really cute. If there is no way he can wear it next year, definitely sell it and makes some money off it!

Jennifer and Beau Whitson said...

SO cute! Love all of the pictures! Just when I think Wade can't get any cuter he does!