Wednesday, April 1, 2009

If you blog it, they will come

...or maybe it's "blog about it so you can't back out".
I registered for a Sprint Triathlon last night. That's right, I'm doing a triathlon!!! What the heck??? Let me explain.
Beau has been doing crazy adventure races/triathlons/half marathons for the past few years and now it's my turn. It will be fun and let's face it...I could use more hardcore exercise. My mom, Donna (Nonna) is doing it will me. Mom, you ARE doing it with me. Now that it's on the blog you can't back out. That's how it works.
Anyone else want to join the fun???
Here's the scoop.
The Iron Girl Atlanta Womens Triathlon
Sunday, June 28
Lake Lanier
Don't be discouraged by the "iron" part of the title. It's not the marathon type of triathlon. It's a 1/3 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 3 mile run. Here's the website if you're interested. http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Atlanta.htm

Come on. We can all hobble across the finish line together!!!
This is going to be me blowing by the competition...


post signature

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Hi there! I know this is completely random, but I found your blog through Once Upon a Blog when I was getting my blog redone. I just wanted to say that you have the cutest little boy ever! He makes me want to have a little baby right now. :)
I also just wanted to say that I LOVE your home furnishings. My husband and I are decorating our house right now and we have very similar tastes. I am having a hard time finding furniture and decor that I like. So I thought I would ask where you like to shop for yours, since you have such great taste. Again, I know this was random, but I just wanted to say hi!

~Lindsey

Lindsey said...

Thanks for getting back with me so quickly. How fun! I can't believe you and Beau were in the exact same places in Italy! That IS a small world! We had the best time. Ryan's little sister is studying abroad in Italy and so we took the opportunity to take our first trip to Europe. Where all did you guys go? Cinque Terra was probably one of my favorite places we visited. I will definitely be posting more on Italy but it just takes forever to download all those pics! :)

I LOVE TJ Maxx and Marshall's but I haven't been there in forever. When we lived in Bartlesville, OK they didn't have those stores but now that we are back in Houston, TX I'll have to end the hiatus and visit them this weekend. Houston has a lot of Antique stores but the key is to find the ones that are not expensive. I'm still working on that. I would love the name of the seller for your gorgeous shuttered window, but don't go to too much trouble. We are in the process of replacing our couch and looking for some side chairs for our living room. Where do you find your big pieces of furniture? You have such a beautiful home.

I'm so excited to have a new blog buddy! I'd love to keep chatting. :o) Have a great weekend!

P.S. I put you on my blog friends list. I hope that is ok!

~Lindsey

Robin Lyles said...

Count me in . . . psych. I'l be moving.

Megan said...

WAY TO GO KRIYA!!! You are going to do Great!! What a wonderful goal for the summer!! I am going to come cheer you on!!!