Friday, December 20, 2013

Germany Day @ Casa

Germany Day and the celebration of Saint Nicolas

Wade was cast as "Joseph" in the holiday play. They do a great job of celebrating all the cultural and religious holidays in December and really showing the children the beauty of the traditions they may not celebrate themselves. 

A full nativity scene with Wade as Joseph...



German Edelweiss, complete with the song...

Ella and Om are Hansel and Gretal...

Our extended Casa family...Patsy and Diane have been friends for years and now Tricia and I are getting to raise our children together :)

I was in charge of pretzel making for Ms. Lorri's class. Any sort of baking that requires exact measurements and rising dough STRESSES ME OUT. We had to do a few trial runs at home.




On Germany Day, the children received special treats from Old Saint Nicholas...


A German feast complete with Wassail, sausages, and pretzels...

Wade and his buddies say CHEERS!


 Bree's class with shoes all lined up for Saint Nick!

I think Bree likes her Gingerbread cookie...



post signature

No comments: