Saturday, June 22, 2013

Georgia Girl & Soldier Boy


Alicia & Trent are leaving us for a new life in New York!!! I am NOT happy about that, but I AM happy for them. Before we could let them go, we had a Goodbye/Engagement Party to celebrate.




Alicia's dear friends did most the work with a cute theme, food, decor, etc. They went all out to make these two feel loved. Anne's husband, Pepper, even brewed the beer for the occasion!

Janie, Sherri, Alicia, Anne, Julia...

same group plus me...

Julia hosted at her house with a beautiful backyard, perfect for relaxing and playing a little corn hole.



I won't even begin to name everyone in these pictures, but as you can see....it was great group of family and friends to send off our Georgia Girl and her Soldier Boy!








This just so happens to be the group that was out the night Trent & Alicia first met! What a reunion :)

When we moved inside, we tortured the couple with toasts and then a very fun game...

This is how it worked...Julia would call out 2 words/opposites/phrases. Alicia and Trent had to pick one and yell it out. If they chose the same, we all had to drink. If they chose opposites, they had to drink. Ex: Superman or Batman? Mexican or Chinese? Beach or Mountains? Some were good clean fun, some were dirty and borderline inappropriate for parents in the room :) That just made it all the more hilarious!


My mom getting TMI on her baby daughter!!!


One question was: Which brother, Nathan or Shawn? Trent refused to answer. Smart man.



I don't know what this question was....but it must've been pretty bad...



After the games, we made them cut the cake!






And this last picture pretty much sums up how I feel about my sister moving away :( I know she's still a phone call away, and I can always go visit, but it just makes me sad to know she won't be around the corner to share in our daily lives. You have to realize, we shared a bedroom for most of our lives! It's going to be a BIG adjustment.

We will miss you SHEESHA!!! We know you and Trent are going to have amazing adventures as you make your own life story. Don't forget about us rednecks down South! Y'all come back now, ya hear?!!!

post signature

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That is so hard!! What a blessing that you guys have such an amazing bond.

P.S. That cake is fantastic!!