Monday, June 17, 2013

Bree is 3 years old!


Dear Bree,
YOU ARE THREE!!! You bring so much joy and sass to our days. I never know what you're going to do or say. You always keep us on our toes!

I love one on one time with you. You are my sidekick. And this watermelon was your sidekick. 

You go go go all day long and rarely nap. If you woke up extra early or stayed up late, you might fall asleep in the car during the afternoon (these couch naps are very rare!). But for the most part, you can hang with the big kids until late into the night!

Your facial expressions are out of control. You know you're funny. You love to see what you look like being funny and take pictures of yourself. I think you've learned a lot from your big brother.


You love to copy anything your brother and daddy do. Even wearing Daddy's shoes.


You are a very nurturing, thoughtful little girl. You always check on friends when they get hurt and love to care of your baby dolls and stuffed animals. You help take care of the dogs and actually fight with Wade over who gets let Cali in and outside.



Bree you can hang with the boys, but you are all girl. Here are some of your favorites at age 3:
Color = Purple
Princess = Ariel
Activity = Swimming (cannonballs)
Song = Oh Holy Night
Meal = Spaghetti
Art = Painting (especially in Dede's art studio)
Birthday Present = the Mermaid puzzle (we've done it many times a day for weeks)



You are oh-so-sweet when you want to be...

And then you can be oh-so-grumpy. You have a very loud ear drum busting scream and we all get to hear it when you're not happy. Luckily you usually calm down quickly, but man can you hurt some ears!




Some things you like to say:

"DON'T LOCKA MA DOOOOR!!!!" = Don't lock my door
We were having some major sleeping problems and you (+ me) were getting very overtired. So after listening to a speaker at my MOPS meeting about sleep routine, I started locking you bedroom from the outside. It worked for a few weeks and you started sleeping through the night again. Then you decided you were not going to stand for the door locking. You go into a rage if you hear that door click. Thankfully, you hatred of a locked door and my threats are still keeping you in your bed (most) of the time.

"Das a guud eye-deya" = That's a good idea
I think you've heard me ask you and Wade to think before you do something, asking "is that a good idea?". Now you like to use that line as commentary for everything you do. "Mommy, I'm going to jump from way up here. That's a good idea." It's sounds very rational comment about a very bad idea.

"I want LEEEEDLE milk"
You are still allergic to regular milk. So instead, you drink almond milk. You are obsessed with almond milk and could drink a 1/2 gallon a day if I let you. Your normal milk in the fridge is "original" flavor, but the only small travel size milks I can find for on-the-go is "vanilla". It's much sweeter, therefore you greatly prefer it to the original. If you know we have the small vanilla milk, you will first ask very nicely "can i have little milk?". When I refuse, it becomes a full on tantrum on the pantry floors screaming "I WANT LITTLE MILK".

"No poo poo on Ariel"
Potty training has been a full 6 month process. Girls are supposed to be easier to potty train than boys? I challenge that myth. We've had many emergency accidents, thrown away countless pairs of underwear, and we even owe the Springthorpes a new playroom after you left your "mark" over there. I've tried to give you pep talks, Daddy's tried to scare & threaten you, and even Wade has tried to encourage you. But you are stubborn!!! During our pep talks, I'll say "where are you going to put your poo poo? Remember to put your poo poo in the potty, not in your princess panties." You counter with "No poo poo on Ariel", No poo poo in Daddy's shoes, No poo poo on Mommy's face". Then you laugh, laugh, laugh...



You're happy to be 3, but not overly obsessed with your age or birthday. The gifts and fun are a bonus!



I love your joy, your smile, your heart, and your spunk. Nonna says you remind her so much of me at this age. That's a fun part of parenting! I love trying to figure out your personality and seeing you "grow-up". Love you sweet girl! You are my sunshine!!!

post signature

2 comments:

donna said...

My heart is melting!!!!!OMG
Nonna

donna said...

My heart is melting!!!!!OMG
Nonna