Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bree is 18 months old!


Dear Bree,
You are such a little lady now and we LOVE to learn more about your personality each day. At 18 months, you are so full of life. You want to be a part of the action and make sure we include you in all activities. Gone are the days when we can treat you like a baby, separate from the fun. 

No, you want to play and interact with the big kids or you just aren't happy. Your tantrums are still funny but add a lot of thrashing and potential for real injury, so I have to be careful with you. I have watched you pour on the tears so hard, and then when I leave the room you quit, move with me, and start back up when you think I'm watching. So dramatic!

Your girlie personality comes out in so many ways. You love to put on shoes, twirl to show off, brush your hair, and now you like to take care of your babies. You've always liked to hug and love them, but now you actually feed them and "take care" of them. It is unbelievably precious!

Here you are cuddling Frosty, your chosen baby at the moment...

You are constantly talking a steady stream of jibberish. You are definitely saying something very important, but we just don't know what it is yet. You point to things, pull us in a direction, and truly want to be heard. You say a lot of "Mama/Mommy", "Wook dat" (look at that?), and Dadda. Nonna taught you "taco" the other day. You say something for the dogs that's close to "Cali", but it's more like "daddy". I've heard "Poppa" and "Nonna" a few times. "Bye Bye" is still your favorite trick. You make sure everyone gets a full wave and bye bye when they depart. 
(Still sporting the most precious hat ever made. But it is getting a little small, so Ashley I know you're busy about to have a baby and all, but we need to place an order :)
Wade is your best friend and the relationship you have together warms my heart. You eat some meals at this little table with him and you're so proud. He has a high pitched "brother" voice he uses when asking you questions. "Bree-Bree, do you love me?" You recognize it and start answering with a head shake yes or no. If you find his "NeNe" lovie somewhere, you will immediately take it to him. He says thank you, and you try to kiss him. Wade can be difficult in many ways, but he is an amazingly loving big brother. He truly looks out for you and wants you around. And when he doesn't want you playing with him, he'll ask me to put you down for a nap :) You are a lucky little sister!!!



Bree, you love to draw, paint and create. Since Wade hasn't always been into arts and crafts, I have completely forgotten to pull out the markers and crayons for you. But when given the chance, you will draw away. It looks like you may be left handed like me, but you still switch around a little, so we'll see. 





You're definitely getting more and more mischievous! I find you in the most random predicaments, emptying every container, climbing on a stool in the pantry for your favorite snack, and thinking you're utterly hilarious doing it. Wade thinks you're pretty funny to. He especially loved that you found a new hiding spot for him (in the toy cabinet!). I've had to scramble and lock cabinets that have always been  ignored by Wade. For the most part I'm fine with you emptying cabinets, but it's always a guess as to what you're going to take interest in next!


Bree you are sassy! And you give us these dramatic faces for every emotion. Whether it's silly, sweet, devilish, flirty, sad, or just plain old happy. I could kiss that face all day long!

Here is your "excited" face. Pure joy!

Your hair has finally gotten long enough that I've had to get creative with what to do with it. I've purchased every kind of clip and bow. Most get pulled out. But I'm just not ready to cut your bangs. Then I was able to get them into these hilarious pig tails. HOW RIDICULOUSLY CUTE ARE THEY??? 
Then the other day, your brother found some scissors I was using to wrap presents. Do you know where this is going? I walked back in the room and heard him sweetly telling you, "Bree-Bree, I think you need a haircut!". I ran to intercept the scissors, but not before a chunk fell to the ground. Wade got in big trouble, more for having scissors so close to your eyes, but also for taking the liberty of giving you your first haircut. I saved the chunk in a baggie and labeled it accordingly. The short pieces blend in better than I first feared, but I'm afraid we might be on a pig tail hiatus. He basically chopped off your right right pig tail. Oh well, at least it's only hair....and will grow back.

Bree, here's a typical day for you at 18 months:
-You wake-up happy around 7:30 and ready to see Wade. He enjoys being the first one in your room and making you "laugh". Then he usually has to leave because you have a big stinky diaper and he starts to gag (he has a very sensitive gag reflex). You really do poop a lot!!!
-You cuddle with Wade and me on the couch while you drink some soy, rice, or almond milk. Yes, you're still allergic to milk. We're going to see an allergist soon to see what we can do...
-Breakfast is usually a bowl of cereal you eat with a spoon. It's not pretty and you drop half of it on Cali's back, but it works. Your favorite fruits are grapes, apples, oranges and strawberries.
-While I'm rushing around getting Wade ready for school, you're occupying yourself with a random toy, riding a car around the house, or finding a random pen on the floor and drawing on something other than paper.
- You stay in your pj's while we take Wade to school. You're fine with that, because you love those cozy footie pj's just as much as he does. I usually change you in the car at our first stop or back at home later.
- I try to do fun things with you in the mornings while Wade is in school because you're past the age to be able to chill at home all day. You get restless and need more interaction. Some days, Georgia (our babysitter) is here and you get her undivided attention while I get other things done. Thankfully, we also have playdates, Music Class, Dede's house while I go to the gym :), walks outside, and lots of kid friendly errands to run. I have to pack snacks everywhere we go! You are a hungry girl!
- We pick-up Wade from school at 11:50 and I struggle to keep you awake in the car. It's that horribly perfect time of day when you want to snooze for 15 minutes, but then won't take a real nap when we get home. 
- Then it's home for lunch. The only meat you will eat is a Chick-Fil-A nugget, but you're great with other pastas, beans, fruits and veggies. Avocado is still a favorite. You're a dipper like me and will dip anything in ketchup or hummus. 
- IF you didn't fall asleep in the car, you'll go down for a good long afternoon nap - typically 1pm  to 3pm or longer! I cherish that quiet time in the house. Wade is still awake, but he does a good job of resting on the couch or playing quiet toys/games. 
- When you wake-up, we try to do something fun outside or in the basement. You like to do whatever Wade does. Sliding in the basement or sidewalk chalk outside are your favorites. 
- When Daddy gets home from work, you waddle/run to him and give him lots of hugs. Wade prefers to tackle/wrestle him, so you're learning how to wrestle too. You used to stand back and watch, but now you're in the thick of it. 
- We usually eat an early dinner around 5:30 because you're starving. I can't always give you what we're eating because of your milk allergy, but I've gotten better about substituting or adding dairy after I make you a portion. You are a great eater!!!
- Bath time just might be your favorite activity of the day. Sometimes we take early, long, or multiple baths because you love them so much. You love them most when Wade takes one with you. You two play and splash and go crazy in there. I have to drain the water completely before getting you out to avoid a meltdown. 
- We try to get you and Wade to bed between 7 and 8pm. You love to brush your teeth and cry for a toothbrush. Daddy is very proud. But then after a few books, we place you awake and happy in your crib and you put yourself to sleep without another peep. You are the EASIEST baby to get to sleep. We are spoiled rotten in that department.

I love my days with you sweet girl!


You have become ridiculously attached to your pacifiers and lovies. For the record, I'm not a fan of a pacifier hanging out of your mouth at all times. I am doing my best to limit it to bed time, but I'm losing that battle. I know I should just take it away cold turkey, but I can't do it. Call me chicken, but because you sleep so well with it, I don't want to risk messing up a good thing!
 We did put in a request to Santa to bring you a second big elephant lovie though. That thing is already getting worn and over-loved. Let's hope the big guy comes through for us ;)

Cali and Orwell are lucky to have you around the house. You make sure they get at least half of all your food and plenty of eye-poking petting throughout the day.

Bree, I have loved every month and stage of your short life....and this is no exception! Every day I thank God for the honor of being your mom. You bless us with so much love, excitement, sweet snuggly kisses, the most precious giggles I've ever heard, and joyful spirit! Just like your brother, YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE!


post signature

No comments: