After Christmas, we met the Benich crew at Lake Oconee for our Christmas celebration. Poppa and Dede had spent Christmas in Charleston with Nicci & kids, then they all drove to the lake to meet us! We had never spent Christmas at Reynold's Plantation. It was a fun new experience....and a lot easier than getting to The Greenbrier in West Virginia!
We packed in a lot of fun in 3 days, but spent plenty of down time relaxing too. We rented a cottage so we could all be together. It was the perfect way to go for Christmas. And with activities (warm & cold) around the resort....there was never a dull moment.
Here are just A FEW pictures (wink wink) of our time there. Please keep in mind I was testing out my new camera!
Here are just A FEW pictures (wink wink) of our time there. Please keep in mind I was testing out my new camera!
Playing on the golf course....
Our cottage through the woods...
The first night there, we ordered in and had a little Christmas of our own! Everyone was spoiled with presents!
The next day we went ice skating...or at least attempted
Lounging around in the beautiful weather...
Meet Frosty, Bree's new best friend. He sings and dances and shimmies all around. Bree thinks he's hilarious. I think he was purchased as a "group" toy, but she quickly claimed him as HER'S!
Loving on Frosty....feeding Frosty....One night we all got dressed and went out to dinner. The dinner was a complete and utter disaster (no exaggeration) BUT the family shot at the top of this post is actually a great one of everyone!! I was shocked the random lady we asked to take the picture did such a good job. The four kids (actually just Bree) were not so cooperative, so this is as good as it gets....
They are in front of a massive gingerbread train!!!
Of course we had to take advantage of S'mores one night!
They even had a game room set-up!
Rowan takes a spin on the ice rink...
This may be my new favorite picture of my children. Bree following her brother so sincerely. "Whereever he goes, I go". And Wade marching like a leader. I can only pray that he will always lead her in the right direction :)
Did I forget to mention the train was running? Guess who loved that!?
We enjoyed plenty of water sports, INSIDE and OUTSIDE! The outdoor jacuzzi and pool were heated, but still cold for me!
The indoor pool was a little more reasonable!
Lots of launching fun! Poor Beau was exhausted...
"Our Mandy" came for a day to let the adults have some kid free time! We had massages and later enjoyed a nice and quiet dinner...
Room service, complete with ICE CREAM! Except for Bree. She just had the cone.
On our way to dinner...
Huey, Duey, and Luey...
On our last morning, I was begging the kids to sit nicely for a picture. No one was cooperating. So I bribed them with swimming and said, "If you sit next to Bree right now, you get to swim." This is them running to sit down....
And this is the best shot I could get, but it's something
And here we are in front of our temporary home! It was the perfect way to spend the holidays!
Again, we are blessed beyond belief with our loving families. Wade and Bree are so lucky and they don't even realize it! They probably assume every child is surrounded by the same kind of love they feel everyday. We are all SPOILED ROTTEN, yet forever thankful. Love you guys!










































































No comments:
Post a Comment