
Our baby girl has officially entered a new stage of baby life. She's past the phase when they don't move too much, are pretty portable, don't really have their own agenda, and can be contained in any space/contraption. So we're now entering new territory!

Miss Bree is sitting up, but not yet to the point that I can just plop her down and assume she'll stay that way. Even when Wade's not around, I have to make sure she's cushioned and protected for WHEN she falls over. Any distraction or head twist shifts her weight and she will eventually topple over.

She can tuck her legs under her and rock back and forth. So crawling days are closing in, and I don't think I'm anywhere near ready. As I look around the living room at the moment, there are lamps to be pulled off tables, sharp fireplace tools, and small bits of something unidentifable to choke on. Yikes!
Do you see Wade looming in the distance? He must sense that one of his trains is getting drooled on without his permission...

Wade has started calling her "Baby Girl" instead of "Baby Bree". I know it's because that's what I call her sometimes. I will try and get a video of how excited he is when he gets her up from naps. He starts talking in high pitched baby jibberish saying, "hey baby girl! you sleep good?".

With the great snow we had this past week, Bree had her first real snow experience. We pulled out Wade's baby snow suit (it almost fit) and plopped her down.
I. LOVE. THIS. GIRL!


Bree really likes to eat and is doing great with baby food. When she gets hungry, she can DOWN some food. But we're having trouble getting her to take a sippy cup or drink anything. She's even fighting taking bottles right now. She's still nursing great so it's fine, but it makes leaving for long periods of time difficult (and of course...we recently booked our first trip away for the end of February!). We have started giving her this feeder bag with pears, and I dip it in water for her to suck out. She likes it! And since it's the only way for her to get any extra fluid, we'll keep it up!

Bree continues to be such a good baby. She is flexible and can adjust to schedule changes pretty well. Generally, she stayed entertained by Wade, simple toys, and even just the dogs walking around. We have some trouble at night when she'll have awake spells or crying fits, but otherwise she really is the best baby.

Teeth are coming in quick! She's gnawing on everything and nothing seems to help her. I'm about to borrow Cali's rawhides to see if those will give her some relief.

She giggles and squeals cracking herself up. When daddy walks in from work, she definitely flirts with him. I think she just might be a daddy's girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment