Monday, December 6, 2010

Who needs Disney World?...

When Chattanooga is right around the corner!!!

Our train obsessed son needs nothing more than a 24 hour jaunt in Chattanooga to go into a pure adrenaline rush. This was our second excursion to the City of Trains (I just named it that) and I can only imagine how many more weekends we will spend there before Wade grows out of his love of trains. Or maybe he'll be an engineer and never grow out of it???

We started the day at the Tennessee Aquarium. It was a cold and rainy day, so it was the perfect cozy excursion.

I think Bree liked looking/listening/learning along the way
I hope this is the ONLY time a shark is inches away from my precious boy's head
Wade was excited to have a Sprite just like daddy. "THEY MATCH!!!", "CHEERS"
The main event of the trip was a train ride to the North Pole. The experience follows the story in The Polar Express book and movie, which happens to be one of Wade's favorites. We've been watching the movie non-stop since October. The Crawford and Marshall boys came for the fun too!....All decked out in their PJs
(Buie, Mason, Wade, Drew, Davis)


Wade was SO EXCITED to take a picture with a REAL conductor. He was in hog heaven, just marching around pointing at everything, walking along the train tracks, and making train sounds.
Once on the train, we travel through a "magic tunnel" towards the North Pole. They serve milk and cookies, sing Christmas Carols, wait for reindeer to get off the track, and finally arrive at the "North Pole" (a few buildings with decorations and Christmas lights).The special treat was that we picked up Santa for the ride back. The big guy made his way through each train car and visited with the kids. This was Wade's first Santa sighting of the season, so we weren't sure how it was going to go. But he actually LIKES Santa this year and gave him a high 5! GO WADE!

Each kid got a bell from Santa (another part of the movie) and Wade rang it the whole ride back.
After the trek to the North Pole, we had to eat! Beau wanted to try a burger challenge at a local place, so we all went along to witness the gluttony.
I must clarifiy that only the guys participated in the challenge (sorry you're in the shot Kelly!)
I had no doubt Beau would be successful. He may not be a "big" guy, but he can eat.
Little did I know he'd break a record and finish in 8 minutes. This guy watches too much "Man vs. Food". Chris and Tigger finished too...eventually :) You win a picture of yourself in this burger hat!

Bree's spot on the breakfast table (Chattanooga Choo Choo behind her). No she's not in jail...
The boys chowin' down after staying up until almost 12:00am the night before...
The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel also has a huge model train museum...
Climbing on the train...
It was an awesome weekend that really got us all in the Christmas spirit. Maybe we can make it an annual tradition!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What a fun trip! I wish they had something like that around here.

I've totally gotten in to watching Man vs Food lately and LOVE it. He is just too funny. He did a show here in KC some what recently.

Hope you are having a fabulous holiday!