Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk-OR-Treat

After we got ROBBED at the Trunk-or-Treat costume contest last year, we've been planning our comeback. Just kidding, not really. But remember our Finding Nemo costumes?

I truly didn't think we'd have a family theme to do this year, partly because I didn't want to put that much effort into it, partly because I wasn't sure Wade would wear any costume I tried to put on him. That was until Dede came back from her European adventures with these authentic outfits for Wade and Bree. I mean what 2 year old (in America) gets to wear real suede lederhosen? WADE DOES!
And look at Bree's beautiful silk Bavarian dress. I almost felt bad wearing them as "costumes".Add some chessy Hansel and Gretel costumes for mom and dad.....and you get....
the BENICH'S BAVARIAN BOO-ERY!

Get it? A BOO-ery, not a brewery? It was a church event after all.

I did get plenty of weird looks in my shorter than short beer wench outfit. I didn't quite feel comfortable if I wasn't with my children or in front of our tailgate...then my outfit made a little more sense. And out of context Beau looked like one of Santa's elves. BUT together...we were cool :) And we got FIRST PLACE!


Our biggest competition was the Gray's Pooh Corner theme. Honestly, they should've won for their much more appropriate family friendly theme. I mean, who doesn't love Pooh?
And Millie Kate was the cutest little piglet
Wade was much more into the whole trick-or-treating think this year. Here he is doing some kind of dance... This mad hatter guy was a little scary, but Wade didn't mind. He went straight in for the candy!

Seam and Jennifer came out to see the kids in all their bavarian glory...
Maggie was a farmer. How cute!!!
Special thanks to Dede for the kids' outfits and to the Williamsons for letting us borrow their Oktoberfest party costumes! I'll have to start thinking about next year soon, since we'll be defending champs and all... :)

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awe! I haven't checked the blog in so long..I had a lot to catch up on ;) I LOVE the Halloween outfits, so much fun!! Hope all is well!! xo