We've made it through the first two weeks of life with a newborn!!! And I can feel the hibernating cloud lifting just a little. Of course we still need to lay low a little bit, but there is hope we will rejoin the outside world very soon. I even ran errands today...Target of course.Bree is a complete angel baby. We have made such great progress on breastfeeding, I can now confidently say she's "breastfeeding" and is getting better and better everyday. If you know what we went through trying to get Wade to breastfeed (and ultimately not succeeding) and now having repeat a lot of the same torture, THIS IS SUCH GOOD NEWS, for me and for Bree!!! All breastfeeding moms can relate to the struggles we've been facing every 3 hours. But because I so badly want to get to the easy and convenient part of breastfeeding, I'm so relieved to see that we will get there! We will soon be able to excavate the Boob Cave and return it to a normal bedroom set-up.
She continues to sleep like a champ! We just hit our full term 40 week mark this week, so I'm expecting another week or so of sleepy bliss, then I'm she'll be awake and in full effect. But would you believe she went a 5 (almost 6) hour stretch the other night between feedings??? And since she's gaining plenty of weight, I don't have to freak out and wake her every 3 hours. Now please realize that when she is awake to nurse, it still takes a long time and wears us both out. But I'll take it!
We've met a lot more friends and family this week. Nanny, Alison, & Hayes stopped by...





2 comments:
Ahhh! I love all the pictures! She's precious!
Bree is absolutely precious! I see so much of Wade in her :)
YAY on the breastfeeding front! It is very difficult to breastfeed but so rewarding at the same time. It was a struggle with both girls, more so with Aly but now she eats like a champ...
Post a Comment