It's been a laid back month, but a fun month. We were home a lot more this month, so we did a lot more playing around the house. Lots of bubbles, slide, golf, cars, obnoxious lawnmower in the house, Noggin, and hilarious dancing. 
(Erin and Kelsey came by for a visit. I know they must really like us - or at least Wade- because I wasn't even paying them to hangout with us this time;) Wade didn't even seem confused seeing that there are actually two of them!)
(Beau had his Fantasy football draft at our house and Wade could not resist the male bonding. He wanted to be all up in their business and only crashed 2 computers in the process)
Wade had his FIRST PROFESSIONAL HAIRCUT!!! It was quite a success. Nonna and I have been cutting his hair regularly (like weekly) for a year now, but I hadn't ever PAID for the real deal. It was getting a little scraggly so we ventured to a local kiddie place with every type of distraction you could ever imagine. And as you can see in the picture, it took a lolipop, puppy lovie, mom close by, and cartoons on the TV to make it through. I will definitely go back from time to time, but we'd be bankrupt if I took him everytime my little chia pet needed a trim.
Wade is officially my child. He has learned to say "CHEESE" for the camera. I didn't realize I said it when I'm trying to get him to smile for pictures. But recently, he just looked right at me (with my big old camera in hand) and said CHEESE! It makes him do this crooked- dimpled-smirk instead of a genuine smile, but it's the cutest smirk I've ever seen. I picked up my camera to just move it the other day and he instantly started singing "CHEEEEEEESE" and then pointing. He actually thinks the word for camera is cheese. I laughed so hard. Wade know's how to make his mommy happy.
Wade is officially my child. He has learned to say "CHEESE" for the camera. I didn't realize I said it when I'm trying to get him to smile for pictures. But recently, he just looked right at me (with my big old camera in hand) and said CHEESE! It makes him do this crooked- dimpled-smirk instead of a genuine smile, but it's the cutest smirk I've ever seen. I picked up my camera to just move it the other day and he instantly started singing "CHEEEEEEESE" and then pointing. He actually thinks the word for camera is cheese. I laughed so hard. Wade know's how to make his mommy happy.
(standing in the highchair does NOT make me happy, but at least he's holding on?)I feel like I'm living in the land of "B". Everything this child says has a B in it....book, bottle, bath, ball, Beau, bubble, BOO!.....Beau taught him the letter B and everytime Wade sees it he gets so excited and says "BEEEEE" over and over again. He's so proud of himself. Bubble is still Wade's favorite word, but mine is basketball. It comes out like "bita-ball". If I can get it on video I will share, because it's so stinkin cute.
The only way we make it through diaper changes is to play the body part game. I'll say, "Where's Wade's hair?" and he points to his hair, etc, etc. Well, it never fails when I say, "Where's Wade's nose?" here's what I get in response.

(I think we'll move on to some other body parts for awhile)
I've started reading a parenting and discipline book that my sister-in-law Michelle recommended, Parenting with Love and Logic. I'll admit I laugh as I read it picturing myself actually executing these techniques. But it has made me realize Wade understands A LOT more than I thought he did. I've put Wade in time out a few times for hitting and I just randomly chose a corner in the living room. Then the other day he did something and I just said, "do you need some time by yourself?" (a recommendation of the book instead of just saying GO TO TIME OUT). I about peed my pants when he stopped what he was doing and walked to the corner and sat down. He even scooted in real close so his head was stuck in the corner. I had to turn away so I wouldn't ruin all the good "learning" going on with my laughing.
Since it's rained for 17 1/2 days straight, we've spent a lot time inside. When we do head outside all Wade wants to do is play in the rain. And since his first introduction to puddles, he's been hooked.







1 comment:
I can't believe he's already a year and half! He's just so precious! Love you Wade!!!
Post a Comment