Wade is getting more comfortable with school, but isn't completely convinced it's for him. It didn't help that he missed last Wednesday, then Labor Day meant no school Monday, so today it was like starting from scratch. He began the morning happy (picture to prove it). We played bubbles, watched Jack, and had a balanced breakfast. It was spirit day, so he wore his school shirt to show his support. But then as soon as I pull into the church parking lot, the lower lip begins to pout and panic sets in. He tries to hold it together until I actually hand him off to his teacher. That's when he loses it. I make sure he has a lovie (one of his blankies), apologize to the teachers in advance, and make a quick departure. I'm told that he eventually settles down and forgets all about me. Today they even had music class. Miss Angela said he LOVED music (big surprise) but had a melt down when it was time to give back the instruments (even bigger surprise). What can I say, he knows what he wants when he wants it. When Aunt Sheesha and I snuck back early to spy on him, he was frolicing on the playground. He was laughing, sliding, and running around like a maniac. So HA! He does have fun. But man do those crocodile tears begin to flow as soon as he sees me. Nice try buddy. I know you were having fun without me.





1 comment:
oh, he's so cute. I just want to eat him up!
Post a Comment