Both Wade and Bree had a "first day" this year!
Bree started in the same 2 year old class that Wade was in at Mt. Bethel Preschool. I love that they had the same teacher, our good friend Ms. Kay. Bree was all excited about the day.....until she realized what we were actually doing. She wouldn't pose for a picture, but she did water my plants!
There were lots of tears and panicked clinging at drop off. She did eventually calm down, but her separation anxiety was at all an all time high. When I picked her up, she was able to play with Celie and Asher on the red cart.
By the second day, she would at least walk into school with her red bag. That's an improvement. She did start by taking her pacifier with her to class (in hopes that it made it easier for the teachers). We quickly found out that the pacifier became a projectile weapon when she got pissed I left her. That was the end of that. Her crying did improve over the next few weeks and eventually she was able to walk in happily and begin playing with friends!
Wade's return to Casa Montessori was filled with excitement about seeing school friends. I LOVE that they stay in the same class for 3 years and have that consistency year to year.
Dropping off was easy! All smiles and ready for a new year!






















No comments:
Post a Comment