Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Telluride Trip

Beau and I took our first trip together since Bree was born and headed out to Telluride, Colorado to ski. In our "former" pre-kid life, we loved to ski together (even if we find different ways down a slope). But with pregnancies, kids, and real life commitments, skiing isn't an easy baby friendly trip to take (especially when you live in Georgia).

So we packed up, left the kids in the many capable hands of the grandparents and our WONDERFUL sitter Mandy (couldn't live without her. no really. i mean it) and headed out west. I was stressed getting everything in order to leave because both kids were under the weather, but as soon as we did the hand off, I knew they would be fine and have a blast being spoiled.

We were lucky enough to have some great friends to share the adventure with too! Paula and Michael, her NEW FIANCE!!!, joined us from NYC. Paula went to high school with Beau and I, then was my roommate and sorority sister at UGA, and has lived in New York for almost 7 years. We don't get to see her nearly as much as we want to, but we take whatever Paula time we can get. Even if we have to fly to Colorado to get it :) And now we love Michael too. He may be the reason she never comes back down south, but we love him anyway ;) He's her lobster!

We were all new to Telluride, so we're eager to checkout the city, eat at great restaurants, and do some good skiing. Telluride did not disappoint and I really liked the entire resort and city. I honestly could've been happy doing absolutely nothing, sitting on a chairlift by myself was just a vacation in itself! Kriya the mom and photographer was definitely on vacation :) And it was my pre-birthday trip, so I was having fun!The skiing was great even though Telluride had not had a lot of snow this year. The mountains and scenery were gorgeous!From the top of the mountain you could go to the Mountain Village on one side, or the town of Telluride on the other. This is Paula with Telluride behind her....This is the lunch where my no caffeine drinking husband drank a "Rock Star" energy drink and then was a skiing maniac the rest of the day... The four of us...just in different combos :)

I had so much fun catching up with Paula and talking about her wedding :)
We went into town on our first afternoon and then every night for awesome dinners. I love the old west feel!

The New Sheridan Bar

The view from our room. Seriously. It makes you want to get up in the morning (not too early though!)



Thanks Paula and Michael for sharing the long weekend with us in such an amazing place!!!

post signature

No comments: